Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Identical Twins, Identical Ailments

Another week, another ear infection. Weird. We haven't had an ear infection in a few years and now in the course of a few days, both S and C have been diagnosed with ear infections. I know those two exist in close proximity to each other, but I still find it totally wild that the headache moved to a fever that moved to vomiting to now ear infections in both boys. F has been fighting a tenacious cold but has been spared--so far-- these other symptoms. There's always next week however!

My sweet, sweet C though-- he hardly ate anything all day, limply lay tucked under a blanket on the couch in front of PBS for more hours than I care to admit-- came up to me tonight after his first dose of amoxicillin. He tucked himself right under my arm and told me that I was all the medicine he needed to feel better. And if that wasn't enough to make me hold him even closer, he continued with great sincerity about his 3AM throwing-up, "Sorry about all the ruckus last night. I didn't mean to wake you up."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a sweetie. And pretty cute too that his indulgence when he is not feeling well is PBS. Hope F does not get an ear infection too.

Anonymous said...

oh, i am sorry!