Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You know you're in trouble when...

you look around your home and see so many puzzle pieces strewn about that you finally can no longer ignore them, and you tell your two-year-old, who loves to open up puzzle boxes and scatter the pieces everywhere like a destructive version of Johnny Appleseed , that it is time to clean up, and since he ignores you, you start singing the "Clean Up" song, you know, the one that is incredibly annoying but often shockingly effective, Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere.... , and said two-year-old turns back to you and mimics the tune perfectly with his own, new lyrics:

TV, TV, I want to watch TV. TV, TV, I want to watch TV.

I guess I've been saying yes a bit too often...

P will be home in nine days. Nine. At that time, we will be unplugging the TV and packing it away.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow! F is so very verbal...and musical...I don't think E and Z even know the pronoun "I" and they totally ignore those little words like "to"...and so musical! I don't think you have anything to worry about; throw another DVD in and kick back with a bloody mary.