Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful

One of my seven-year-olds brought home this journal entry:


I am new at this scanner thing so I will copy the text exactly here just in case it is hard to read:

"I am thankful my books because without them I woud not be abel to read. I am thankful for my bike because without it I woud not be abel to ride a bike. I am thankful for hollidays because we get toger. I am thankful for Earth because we live here."

I am most thankful for a son who considers books, bikes, getting together at holidays, and the Earth all things for which to be thankful.

9 comments:

MamaVee said...

love it.

Matt in Tacoma said...

Quite a wise young man...

inkandpen said...

Made me cry. Well, that and the hormones. Thank you for sharing!

Andrea said...

Soo sweet!

Jennifer said...

Sensitive and thoughtful. You have three really terrific boys. (Ok, I'll admit I'm biased).

Angie said...

So sweet!! Kids are the best.

deborah keisch said...

i love it. sooo much better than my little materialist! here's what W said she is thankful for (in this order): oranges, barrettes, doughnuts, mama, dada and J. at least she included the family in there. ah, well. we've still got time.

Velouria said...

Cute! Bikes are clearly at the center of the world : )

Dottie said...

awwwwwww. Beautiful